PDA

View Full Version : Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Zero Kiryu
March 27th, 11, 11:06 PM
Has anybody checked this anime out yet from this forum?

It's pretty good, I just finished the fourth episodes and ordered Kai, Rei, and Umineko from ebay the other day.

Unfortunately it's all the censored versions though =<.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hHKmiRwyBU <-- the dub isnt as bad as people make it out to be although I vastly perfer the sub.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZzZtnC-Ukw1i-SfsrYO5bKAcEeom0m9VDDC4TrWIaFy1SZ1-Clg

P.S: For those of you unfamiliar with the anime, here is a scene from it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vw1ir1YtQQ <-- WARNING: Not for the squeemish

Mute-Hexyz
March 27th, 11, 11:12 PM
Yeah i loved this anime normally i don't like blood and gore or horror but this anime was interesting plus i really liked the confusing plots.

Zero Kiryu
March 27th, 11, 11:23 PM
Yeah i loved this anime normally i don't like blood and gore or horror but this anime was interesting plus i really liked the confusing plots.

If you spoil anything imma kill you.

It is pretty awesome though. Have you watched Kai, Rei, or Umineko? Your thoughts on those?

I heard Umineko is pretty different.

m00gle87
April 1st, 11, 06:30 AM
The first season of higurashi was great. The pacing was good and it just kept you guessing. Kai is good too, but you pretty much know what's going on so it loses some of it's mysterious flavor. Just pretty much wrapping up the loose ends.

Rei was the OVA releases I believe. Mostly fun episodes that take place after kai.

Umineko is fairly different. I enjoyed it though.

Boukyaku
April 1st, 11, 12:29 PM
The Higurashi anime's good until you read the manga or original VN, then you realize it's butchered beyond belief (it's not supposed to be a horror, it's a mystery, and the anime removes several clues necessary to solve it). The Umineko anime is even worse, you barely even get to know the characters. Also, did you buy Japanese DVDs? Only the first season of Higurashi was licensed.

Little Rei
April 1st, 11, 01:19 PM
yea i've seen higurashi that was most gory bloody anime i've seen yet & it kept you guessing what would happen next

m00gle87
April 1st, 11, 07:26 PM
The Higurashi anime's good until you read the manga or original VN, then you realize it's butchered beyond belief (it's not supposed to be a horror, it's a mystery, and the anime removes several clues necessary to solve it). The Umineko anime is even worse, you barely even get to know the characters. Also, did you buy Japanese DVDs? Only the first season of Higurashi was licensed.

Its most likely that the mystery flavor was hard to pull off in the anime.

In the VN, you are keiichi. You try to solve the curse while learning from your mistakes. The anime didn't give you the feeling that you were anyone but an observe. It just wasn't our place to solve it.

The changes or omissions may have been necessary for the anime to flow.

DareFair
June 13th, 11, 02:30 AM
I heard there is supposed to be an ova coming out later this year. Definately looking forward to that.