Diapered Anime

Diapered Anime (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diapered Anime News (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Troubles, here and there? (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24056)

Xero August 20th, 16 09:50 AM

Troubles, here and there?

Good morning, everyone!

Now, this is just a short announcement. Whilst it is mainly for artists, I do implore all users to do the same if they feel they are in a situation that calls for it.

I've been watching our dear community for quite some time, and, while I see lots of friendly faces, I also see a lot of negativity in our little social circle, and I'm not proud of that. I also noticed that artists, over the years, have gradually stopped posting, or coming altogether. When I've spoken to some (who will remain anonymous), they have told me that this site, our community, can be harsh, judgemental, aggressive, and even downright dismissive of certain types of art, regardless of quality or structure.

I just want to say right now, that I will not tolerate this under any circumstances.

To our dear artists, if you having issues, please report it, or message someone from our team - even me - about it. I want you to feel at home here, as I've tried to make everyone feel. I don't want any artist - or any user - to feel like their under submission from an aggressive peer. I will not have it. I have fought for this site to be acceptable, friendly and homely to old users and new alike - and if I have to, I WILL weed out those who feel the desire to battle that.

Now, that is not to say I will just ban someone who's being mean. Usually, people are mean for a reason - perhaps as a defensive mechanism or the result of a bad day. If there is a middle ground, I want to find it, and make everyone happy.

To those who view art: If there is a picture you don't like, do not look at it.
Don't go out of your way to make the artist feel bad with aggressive critique. Whilst I try and control the art to a certain degree of quality as part of the rules that were set here long before my promotion, artists should not feel like they will get attacked for doing what they love. That is a fact.

That's all I have to say.

As I stated earlier, this message is primarily for artists, but if any member feels like they're being attacked in any way, shape or form, please report it. You do not deserve that. This site is meant to be a safe place for our interests, and I will not tolerate anyone who wants to make you feel bad for it.

Please keep all this in mind.

With much love,
- Xero

Rukia~Chan August 24th, 16 05:29 AM

Seeing this makes me feel more confident with posting again, although I never felt like I was getting negative criticism. I just stopped posting cause I never got comments any more. I felt like I was more shunned then anything -_-;

Xero August 26th, 16 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukia~Chan (Post 2480093)
Seeing this makes me feel more confident with posting again, although I never felt like I was getting negative criticism. I just stopped posting cause I never got comments any more. I felt like I was more shunned then anything -_-;

I would not imagine you being shunned. I think it's just a simple matter of quietness. Lots of users - including myself - take a look at images, but do not leave comments. I suppose it's a matter of lurking. Still, no comment usually means they have nothing bad to say (The message was to rid the site of destructive and aggressive criticism, not criticism altogether).

For what it's worth, I think your art has been doing well since you first started posting. ^^

deliveryman21 September 29th, 16 05:39 PM

This is ridiculous:( if they're so offended, whats keeping them from simply minding their own business? I may not be the most contributive member, but I've enjoyed, very much, viewing and reading all of the WORK people have shared^-^

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

The comics and artwork, have rocked and I'm sure there will be more too come. I'm actually a big fan of 'Shine', (and hope toddlergirl wont leave us hanging :3).