Diapered Anime

Diapered Anime (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diapered Anime News (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Calling all Daddies and Littles (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19398)

Ai April 5th, 15 09:29 PM

Calling all Daddies and Littles

Are you in a DD/LG relationship? Have you ever considered the Caregiver / Little relationship dynamic something you’re interested in?

Recently a new site http://ddlgforum.com has been launched and in just over a month has grown to over 500 members, most of whom are active on the site. If DD/LG has ever interested you, consider taking a look and joining up! What is DD/LG? It stands for Daddy Dom and Little Girl, but is not specifically for male tops and female bottoms and can be used for any type of gender pairing.

Ipsita April 6th, 15 04:05 PM

CG/L or plain old ageplay is a far better term if you're aiming for being inclusive because in the community at large DDLG is *not* inclusive for all genders and roles. It's specifically what it says: male top, female bottom.

Ai April 6th, 15 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipsita (Post 1791202)
CG/L or plain old ageplay is a far better term if you're aiming for being inclusive because in the community at large DDLG is *not* inclusive for all genders and roles. It's specifically what it says: male top, female bottom.

I suggest looking at the community first ^_~ While in the strictest sense of the term DDLG is male top, female bottom it's simply a common term. We don't just have "anime" in our gallery here! The community itself is welcoming of all genders of top and bottom.

Besides - google CG/L and all you're going to find is gothic lolita stuff as the term never took off. DDLG is well established and does not cross over into other kinks or categories.

Ipsita April 6th, 15 08:29 PM

I explored before I posted and I'm well aware of the terms as I participate in things of this nature off-site.

Anime is simply an abbreviation of animation. DiaperedAnime is therefore anything drawn or relating to the fandom that revolves around drawn works.

DDLG, whereas, is a conjoined term like BDSM that leaves room for interpretation only within the stated terms. It's not the same umbrella that BDSM is, although it falls under BDSM's umbrella.

And you're right, DDLG is very well established, and that's precisely why the terms CG/L, MDLB, MDLG, etc, also exist. DDLG does not cover all and often doesn't want to include all.

Your site might be striving to invite everyone, but your title says otherwise. This is why I commented. Not to start a fight or demand you change it, just to clarify. On the same note, if your site was simply DDLG and advertising to only said individuals, no problem. I'd have no complaints.

Ageplay, therefore, is more straight froward and all encompassing, if you wish to avoid being confused for /CGL/ and it's very separate community (many members of which, as it so happens, hate any tie-ins made with ageplay).

Ai April 6th, 15 09:09 PM

Eh... it's not my site unless my new username is Sophie ^_~

The point is that particular site is very accepting of all gender dymamics. You're arguing symantics and use of an acronym.

Ipsita April 6th, 15 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai (Post 1791572)
Eh... it's not my site unless my new username is Sophie ^_~

The point is that particular site is very accepting of all gender dymamics. You're arguing symantics and use of an acronym.

?
It's not semantics when the name says exactly what it means. Perhaps if I was included in that name, I'd feel as you do.

Ai April 6th, 15 09:39 PM

The site is called "DDLGForum" becasue DDLG is well established. It caters to all caregivers and littles and the webmistress chose to use DDLG becuase CG/L is virtually unknown. I really don't get why you're pressing this point so much... Take a look at http://moonpig.com - it has nothing to do with pigs or the moon - perhaps you should go moan at them too? Perhaps becuase this site is called Diapered Anime I should remove any image or thread to do with ageplay instead of diapers, or any non-japanese inspired image. Yes, "Anime" is a contraction of "Animation" however it's well known that it is only used to describe the Japanese style.

There's little point in replying further than this as we seem to simply be going around in circles.

Ipsita April 6th, 15 09:44 PM

Ageplay pre-exists that term entirely, is also established, and you keep side-stepping it and fixating purely on CG/L. Furthermore, it's also established how noninclusive DDLG is, too, as a term and within the community. It's why the sub-sites on reddit and elsewhere have run into trouble with it time and again.

You could agree to disagree without accusing someone having a "moan" by purely broaching the topic, but if that's your style, fine. Have at it.

I'll avoid discussions in the future here.

HRE superfunnel April 8th, 15 04:03 AM

Give it a rest both of you,

AI, sir it is clear that you cant break though his shell