Diapered Anime

Diapered Anime (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diapered Anime News (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A small announcement - and a WARNING. (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22876)

Xero January 31st, 16 09:42 AM

A small announcement - and a WARNING.

Update: The SSL redirection has been disabled. It seems to have been causing problems. My bad. ^^;; You can still access DPA's SSL by going to https://diaperedanime.com, although you may face issues since work is still being done.

Good morning, all. (It is currently half past nine here in the UK!)

Now, I bring two pieces of information toward you today. I'll start with the worst, as it is painful to hear, and painful to deal with - so we should get that out of the way.

For some reason - as if it weren't obvious - I am in need to tell members that, if a banned member returns on an alternate account, and we haven't caught them, but you know who they are, withholding that information from us counts as helping them evade the ban and can result in both of you being permanently banned. If they were banned, they were banned for good reason, and those reasons are always for the benefit of the society that we have here on the site. We don't want troublemakers here. This site is meant to be a safe place for diaper-folk like us, and it is my job to protect you from the worst.
If, in the occasion, that the person who is ban evading happens to be a friend... I'm afraid that this is not an excuse to do it. If you trust each other, then I might advise that you find a way to communicate securely outside the site via another source, such as Skype, which doesn't use emails (except in the case of Microsoft accounts).

If you suspect an account is being used for ban evasion, then please don't hesitate to contact us, or report one of their posts with your suspicions and reasons. Even if we can't find enough evidence to say that the account is being used for ban evasion, this won't result in you being in any trouble. You can't waste our time trying to do what's best for our community.

I hate to seem like the bad guy here, and asking you to 'rat people out', but you must understand, users are banned to protect other users.
Now, this isn't to say you're not allowed to appeal the ban. You can send us an email via the Contact Us form at the bottom of each page. However, if we have reason to keep the ban in place, then please do not push the matter, as it could result in you getting in trouble. One appeal is enough.

On that note, those who end up with temporary bans should not create new accounts, or both accounts will be permanently banned for ban evasion. If it's a temporary ban, wait out your sentence, then you are free to return. This has been said before, and it should not need to be said again.

On a lighter note, our primary programmer, Akuma, has set up an SSL certificate for the sites, although not all of them are active yet. OTK's was activated first, and I've taken the liberty of activating it here for DPA, although it still needs some minor adjustments. However, it's not buggy, and it will keep your transmission secure, so feel free to surf the site safely. However, this does not mean you shouldn't take all the necessary security precautions that you normally would.
Most of this includes remembering not to give away personal information suck as names, addresses, emails, numbers, etc. You're all adults, so you should know this gist.

That's all for now, my sweethearts.
Until next time,

- Xero

deliveryman21 February 5th, 16 06:55 PM

Thank you for keeping us in the know!^^ Typing all this sounds like a pain in the arse
BOTTOM LINE: I appreciate that you care about our peace at mind :3