Diapered Anime

Diapered Anime (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diapered Anime News (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Look Beyond The Meadow. (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24546)

Xero December 8th, 16 02:57 AM

Look Beyond The Meadow.

UPDATE 2: Moderator applications are now closed. Current applications are still being reviewed. New applications are no longer being accepted. Thank you, all.

UPDATE: Moderator Applications are now open. Until the forum refreshes properly, it won't show the area I've created to accept applications. You can, however, access it from here: https://diaperedanime.com/forum/forum...-76/index.html

[Insert dramatic noise here to go with the dramatic title.]

Hello, everyone.
This is just a short announcement, but it's something y'all should be aware of.

Before too long, I'll be seeking more people to add to the DPA staff team. Just recently, we lost our long-standing Sami-Chan, as she's had some personal issues to deal with, and that's fine. Whenever she's ready to come back, she can decide what she wants to do from there. But with it being the Christmas season, everyone will have something they need to be dealing with in real life one way or another, including myself, which has left us a bit short-handed.

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not looking for people who have nothing else to do. Like Ai, I just like knowing there's a moderator or two online at some point or another throughout the day on a frequent basis, but as it is, I simply don't have enough eyes.

I will need to think about what I'm searching for, but in simplicity, the base things I need for a forum or super moderator are:
  • An understanding of the site rules to its depth and ability to enforce them.
  • Preferably people who're a long-standing members, and know their way around.
  • People who are calm-minded, and able to keep a level head in situations that may provoke them.
  • A good judgement and a will to understand and seek into two sides of a story.
  • A friendly attitude and eagerness to be helpful.

Those who are accepted through this criteria will then undergo a trial period to test their capabilities of handling a site like this. For those who do not seek to be a site-wide super moderator can choose to be a single-forum moderator instead. Honestly, I do need more eyes on the roleplaying forum, as that is the most active area.

I am not currently seeking Global Moderators.

But yes, food for thought. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a reply, leave me a Visitor Message on my profile, or send me a PM.

All my love,
- Xero

Bandit Keith December 8th, 16 08:02 PM

Well I know I could fit kinda these matters as the first thing you mentioned is a iffy matter

Quote:

Preferably people who're a long-standing members, and know their way around.
at least for what I use the site for

Quote:

People who are calm-minded, and able to keep a level head in situations that may provoke them.
mainly for I mellowed out over the years sense joining

Quote:

A good judgement and a will to understand and seek into two sides of a story.
my net matters judgement skills are way better then my in real life judgements but anyway I could work well on this for net matters and the other matters

Quote:

A friendly attitude and eagerness to be helpful.
this I'm rather good at just not good at explaining things to others so that would be trouble for me.

Only big problem is I wouldn't mind being a mod during tho holiday seasons as generally I got nothing going on but when its not the holiday seasons I'd rather not be a mod so temporary mod work on the holidays when needed I could do to help out but I'd want out of the mod work when the holiday seasons are over so yeah just saying

But if you want me permanently no I won't do it for sure

AB Avery December 9th, 16 03:05 AM

While I myself couldn't do it, I do have to say I believe Keith would be able to fo it well!

Princess Yuki Mcnight December 9th, 16 03:17 AM

Um I would like to give this a try sir

Xero December 9th, 16 09:41 PM

In reply to Bandit Keith's post,
whilst I appreciate your offer, I'll be looking for people who can pass the trial period and come on on a more permanent basis.

Thanks, though. ^^

Princess Yuki Mcnight December 10th, 16 12:54 AM

I wanna be a permanent one :3

terminator101 December 10th, 16 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 2538145)
... Just recently, we lost our long-standing Sami-Chan, as she's had some personal issues to deal with, and that's fine. Whenever she's ready to come back, she can decide what she wants to do from there. ...

I'm sorry to hear that Sami-Chan has to deal with some personal problems that are serious enough to force her to leave us. I always found her to be friendly and helpful. She will be missed until she returns (Hopefully sooner than later).
:(

Xero December 11th, 16 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminator101 (Post 2539499)
I'm sorry to hear that Sami-Chan has to deal with some personal problems that are serious enough to force her to leave us. I always found her to be friendly and helpful. She will be missed until she returns (Hopefully sooner than later).
:(

Sami-Chan has always been a valued member of the team, but life comes first. I can't ask her to put this ahead of her life. I won't stand for it. Real life comes first, and as I said, it is the busy season, so it's a bit more hectic than usual.

Asylum December 11th, 16 12:56 PM

I could help out if it was truly needed, but i'm not particularly active on this site despite being a member for quite some time.

weeg December 24th, 16 01:19 AM

I'd like to. :) (Even though I'm not as active as I want to be...)