Diapered Anime

Diapered Anime (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diapered Anime News (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Spam warnings! (https://diaperedanime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25909)

Ryuko Matoi July 7th, 17 04:29 PM

Spam warnings!

Heya people! It's me, your boy, Ryuko Matoi <3

So, the site is experiencing a mass of spam lateley, and while we are working on it every day, I still found it important to warn you guys. So here goes:

Threads that have been posted by the spambots are easy to recognize. Most of them have weird titles of random leters, and the ones who have actual words are mostly very out of place. Otherwise, the threads are always filled with links.

LINK ONLY THREADS ARE NOT TO BE CLICKED. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE LINKS!

We don't know what the links do, but taking the fact that they keep trying to get us there, it's probably a virus or spyware, or malware in general.

You don't need to report the posts, we are busting them around the clock, just had to make sure you kids are safe and warned <3

Please pet me for this ^3^

All the love
-Ryuko Matoi

iif July 7th, 17 05:58 PM

Post filter?

Hey Ryuko,

since DA is based on vBulletin, I am certain there is some kind of filter you can apply to new posts/comments before, like marking posts with more than 2 links or containing certain keywords as spam. Maybe you can also pinpoint the IP addresses of the spammers and block them completely.

(Just some quick idea, idk if any of this is applicable in this case.)

terminator101 July 7th, 17 07:33 PM

Oh really? o-O

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...9/orly_owl.jpg
:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuko Matoi (Post 2710667)
... it's probably a virus or spyware, or malware in general. ...

OR worse, it could be a phishing site - If users visit one of those sites, they could try to trick users into divulging their personal information (e.g. Credit card number, Social Security number, etc.) or it could be a ransomware site (e.g. A Fake FBI or Department of Justice site which locks up your browser and demands that you send a money order payment for a bogus fine).

At the very first spam attack, I had already mentioned that there is a vBulletin 3.x.x (The version of vBulletin that we are using is v.3.8.1) anti-spam solution listed on the official vBulletin forum (See post #2 in the following Spam thread) -> https://diaperedanime.com/forum/showt...518/index.html. Perhaps this can be brought to Akuma's (The on-call programmer for all of Ai's sites) attention and perhaps he could apply the solution. Simply deleting the user account made by the Spambot will not stop future Spam thread attacks from occurring since the same Spambot or other Spambots can create other user accounts with which to dump Spam threads. We need a more permanent solution.
:cool:

FlamingCreeper July 7th, 17 09:17 PM

We believe that the attacks are coming from real people rather than an electronic attack, but if you can prove otherwise, please let us know.

~FlamingCreeper
Roleplay Section Moderator

Reimu619 July 8th, 17 02:15 AM

thanks for the heads up!

Stoner July 8th, 17 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iif (Post 2710821)
Hey Ryuko,

since DA is based on vBulletin, I am certain there is some kind of filter you can apply to new posts/comments before, like marking posts with more than 2 links or containing certain keywords as spam. Maybe you can also pinpoint the IP addresses of the spammers and block them completely.

(Just some quick idea, idk if any of this is applicable in this case.)

l am playing with this ability as it happens, truth be told l dont have hell of allot of time here, but lm hoping some of the changes lve made have cut down or out whats been happening, all l have left is to choose an adequate level of how many posts are checked before a user is deemed not a potential spammer.

Rukia~Chan July 9th, 17 04:34 AM

It was confirmed from someone that they do lead to virus infected websites. Very important to stay clear of links.

Princess Yuki Mcnight July 9th, 17 09:03 PM

This is also happening on other sites like the dbzindiapers forums

Bandit Keith July 9th, 17 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Yuki Mcnight (Post 2712987)

I hear other sites based around our interests in some form is getting hit all over the place so I wouldn't be surprised if its a bigoted person(s) or a troll(s) as well in the last few months almost every site with content we are into seems to been getting targeted worse then normal ,seems Deviantart from what I can tell was groundzero in the recent months of our interests getting screwed over worse then normal and it spread from their just saying as I looked around and it seemed by all accounts it started their with it getting worse for us their in the last few months and then has spread to in general first the bigger known sites with our interests and has been going in general systematically to other lesser known sites . Hell heard some sites with our interests as a focus had to IP ban a group of these types doing whats going on here before this kind of spammy bullshit stopped with someone once and awhile still popping up on them spanning this bullshit link stuff

LittleLiam117 July 9th, 17 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Yuki Mcnight (Post 2712987)

I used to post on there but

1. People are still on that forum?

2. Is DBZ Jared even alive lmao?