PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one this happened 2???

Otashi
April 29th, 09, 08:26 AM
for a huge chunk of the day it hasnt let me on the site saying the page wont display *yes lets assume i know how to interweb and im not a total idiot ^^*

Shining Fire
April 29th, 09, 11:02 AM
It happens once and a while.. sometimes there are problems with the server I guess? I've never had it happen for a long period of time though.

Stoner
April 29th, 09, 09:50 PM
yes, as Shining fire states we get these issues now and then which are down to resource issues.

basically we are beginning to outgrow this server, we are in the process of building a new one which donations are going towards at the moment we dont have a date when it will be finished but hopefully some time soon these issues will be a thing of the past.

Otashi
April 30th, 09, 03:30 AM
oh well i never got server stuffs anyways, are like memory boxes or some sort of internet space buying service????...and if your buying a new one does that mean the site will grow....(if so itd make me feel better about posting my arts...)

Stoner
April 30th, 09, 10:53 PM
to be honest servers are pretty much like home computers, the same things make up their insides, they are just generally cased differently to fit in racks (different dimensions depending on the size of server you build and the upgrade room you give it)

as the moment we are on what you could call "leased dedicated" this means we dont own the server however we have full run of the actual servers software, unlike virtual hosting we dont have to share it with other users which means only our own sites are here, the new server however will be co-located and built by ourselves which will cut down the costs meaning we dont have to pay over the odds like we do now.