PDA

View Full Version : child/baby diapers that fit?

ozaru
February 8th, 13, 11:25 PM
So, lately, I've been wondering about trying on child/baby diapers. From what I understand, they have a better overall feel than adult diapers like depends do.

But here's the thing; I'm kinda big; I have a 36 waist size, and it seems doubtful, for obvious reasons, that a lot of child/baby diapers could actually fit me. And I'm also frankly pretty scrapped for cash, so I'd REALLY rather not waste money on diapers that 'MIGHT' fit.

Recently, I've found that in another thread that L/XL Goodnites would fit just fine. Though, I've had my eyes on other diapers too, but have zero idea whether or not they could fit my frame. I'd also prefer it if these diapers had tapes, because I just like those better ^^

Also, something I could find in a pharmacy or store, rather than something that has to be mailed to me.

So, outside of the above-mentioned goodnites, what child and/or baby-sized diapers could fit someone like me? (without modifications).

Koji
February 9th, 13, 01:55 PM
It may not be possible with a stapler, depending on how big you are, but try Underjams. Size 7 Pampers may be worth a try to, but I've never tried them.

ozaru
February 9th, 13, 07:30 PM
It may not be possible with a stapler, depending on how big you are, but try Underjams. Size 7 Pampers may be worth a try to, but I've never tried them.

stapler???

And to correct my prior evaluation, I'm actually a 34-35, for as much of a difference that makes :/

And like I said, I'm scrapped for cash, so when I go to buy these, I need to KNOW that they fit for sure, not just act on a possibility.

Koji
February 9th, 13, 08:59 PM
I'm about 210 pounds and Underjams worked for, but not perfectly. I see butt a little, but never messed up any but the Underjams them-selfs by using them. So you a can almost certainly use them if use them if way 210 or less. May found useful inforamtion about other children's diapers on Daily Diapers Reviews (http://www.dailydiapers.com/content/d_reviews/?origin=none&action=select_product).

And BTW, when I said "It may not be possible with a stapler" in was referring to a document stapler (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stapler) (you can use them to put multiple diapers together). I know you do not want to mod diapers; I'm just clarifying what I was talking about.

Hope that helps http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9645/happy1464.gif.

MetallicaFan7401
February 10th, 13, 06:10 AM
I agree with Koji in that sense. I used to take diaper tapes off of used diapers and staple them onto the size diaper that I use.

AmaraDash19
February 11th, 13, 08:39 PM
Well unfortunately for me, I've got a 33'' waist, and I've tried the largest size of just about every baby diaper out there. No luck :/ But I think the general consensus in the community is 32'' and under you might. But honestly there isn't anything I could recommend. I've tried Pampers 7, Parent's Choice 6, Huggies 6, Luvs 6, several other off brand diapers 6, and nothing had even remotely fit me save Pampers 7. They would stay on if i sat still but popped off if I moved.

ozaru
February 12th, 13, 10:41 PM
Well unfortunately for me, I've got a 33'' waist, and I've tried the largest size of just about every baby diaper out there. No luck :/ But I think the general consensus in the community is 32'' and under you might. But honestly there isn't anything I could recommend. I've tried Pampers 7, Parent's Choice 6, Huggies 6, Luvs 6, several other off brand diapers 6, and nothing had even remotely fit me save Pampers 7. They would stay on if i sat still but popped off if I moved.

Yeah, like I said, I'm a 34-35", so L/XL Goodnites just barely fit. Also, I've found that you can move with those little things on, just not that much ^^; That's why I always save diapers for those occasions when I just want to slack off, play video games without having to stop and go to the bathroom, etc :)

But at any rate, yeah.... I guess I either need to slim down (working on it, actually XP), or keep looking.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
February 13th, 13, 05:02 AM

I have this same problem (32" waist). Pampers size 7 will fit for a while, but it tears very fast and becomes useless before long. The material for them is the same as what you'd find in a Goodnite, but it lacks some components. For example Pampers diapers are scented, whereas Goodnites aren't. They are also actually wider than Goodnites in the crotch.

That said, sorry to say, but Goodnites actually are the most similar you'll find to the general feel of a baby diaper. Which isn't really surprising since I believe Goodnites are just a re-branding of the larger variations of the Huggies pull-ups line. But since you are looking for other options, then UnderJams are similar, but are not directly descendant of a baby diaper line. Also the largest variation are smaller than XL Goodnites and rip easier. So you likely would have a really hard time fitting, but with some effort you could potentially have a chance of getting them to work. But they are really not different enough from Goodnites in feel to make them noteworthy enough to make it worthwhile IMO.

Unfortunately, you can't find anything else like this in local stores, you'll need to order online. If that is an issue because of privacy and people you live with, I recommend getting a PO box and shipping there instead. (Since a PO box is relatively cheap and allows you to order lots of cool things in a discrete manner even with nosy roommates or parents if you live with them.)

If you are going for the feel of what they used to do with baby diapers (Likely what they did when you were still in them for example.) then the most accurate emulation you'll get with something of a larger size is actually a Bambino Diaper, like Bellissimos since the plastic they use is the same. (I only have ordered Bellissimos, so I'm not sure if their other diapers use the same plastic, could someone verify for me?) The problem is they cost an arm and a leg and need to be mailed in, so you may be stuck between a rock and a hard place here due to your limited funds.

Of the other diapers I have tried, none have been similar to baby diapers except for in appearance.

ozaru
February 13th, 13, 05:10 AM
I have this same problem (32" waist). Pampers size 7 will fit for a while, but it tears very fast and becomes useless before long. The material for them is the same as what you'd find in a Goodnite, but it lacks some components. For example Pampers diapers are scented, whereas Goodnites aren't. They are also actually wider than Goodnites in the crotch.

So, Goodnites are the most similar you'll find to the general feel of a baby diaper. Which isn't really surprising sicne I believe Goodnites are just a re-branding of the larger variations of Huggies pull-ups line.

Unfortunately, you can't find anything else like this in local stores, you'll need to order online. If that is an issue because of privacy and people you live with, I recommend getting a PO box and shipping there instead.

If you are going for the feel of what they used to do with baby diapers (Likely what they did when you were still in them for example.) then the most accurate emulation you'll get with something of a larger size is actually a Bambino Diaper, like Bellissimos since the plastic they use is the same. (I only have ordered Bellissimos, so I'm not sure if their other diapers use the same plastic, could someone verify for me?) The problem is they cost an arm and a leg and need to be mailed in.

You know, my folks are actually going on a cruise in about a month or so, and hopefully they'll leave me enough money that I can order some diapers online, have them shipped to my place long before they get back, and still have more than enough to survive for the rest of the week on my own ^^ That's what I'm hoping for, anyway ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxx
February 13th, 13, 05:23 AM
Lovely... My post got quoted before I edited the heck out of it. :o

Anyway... I expanded my above post, I'd recommend looking into the things I elaborated on since I wasn't terribly clear.
The part about the PO box in particular may interest you.

If a Credit card is an issue, you can also always use a prepaid Visa or MasterCard, as they can usually be picked up at convenience stores and can be used to buy things online. If they don't work on their own, you can add them to a service like PayPal instead. Just make sure to activate them before using them online and note that they take an hour after you activate them before you can use them.

I personally recommend the Vanilla MaserCards over the Visas since they require the least amount of information to activate.

AmaraDash19
February 13th, 13, 06:19 PM
Yeah, like I said, I'm a 34-35", so L/XL Goodnites just barely fit. Also, I've found that you can move with those little things on, just not that much ^^; That's why I always save diapers for those occasions when I just want to slack off, play video games without having to stop and go to the bathroom, etc :)

But at any rate, yeah.... I guess I either need to slim down (working on it, actually XP), or keep looking.

I just have them hips :3 good for child bearing ^^

But I haven't really tried to get anything to emulate a baby yet. I've just been wearing the same diapers since baby diapers didn't hold enough. Yay incontinence \o/

abisme
February 21st, 13, 02:52 AM
i find the only thing that fits me is the tugaboo training pants

Little Cheetah Cub
April 23rd, 13, 10:54 PM
I would agree the the Tugaboo Training Pants but then again, I'm like a 22in waist

Itty Bitty Rika Kitty
April 26th, 13, 04:29 AM
I was born with the wieght of 4 pounds and now 19 years later I only way 92 pounds...but I fit into size 5 baby diapers...such as the Huggies movers I think...I don't know but I do know size 5 diapers fit me

hymek7076
May 4th, 13, 07:53 PM
i found some size xl diapers in a second store plastic with colourful designs i think there from china but there was no packet (they were in a plastic bag) i will up load the pics when i get the time :)
there baby diapers made for children up to 6/7 years old so ye there big lol :)

Torterenek
August 3rd, 13, 09:55 PM
i saw xl training pants one time. at my local store. Lins i think... anyways big pull-ups may be an option.

Shanatan2131
August 5th, 13, 08:01 PM
Have you tried awwsocute.com

here's the link http://www.awwsocute.com/

ozaru
August 6th, 13, 02:21 AM
Have you tried awwsocute.com

here's the link http://www.awwsocute.com/

No, though next time I'm alone at the house for long enough, I think I should ^^

Why? Do they feel like the real deal? Like an actual baby diaper would, albeit adult sized?

dw2169
August 11th, 13, 02:26 AM
Adult Diapers will fit you like Bambinos, Attends, Depends, Tena, Assurance, and many of the store branded diapers. A 36 inch waste will fit a medium in most adult diapers. I am a 36 inch waist and that is what fits me. You can buy some baby stickers and put on to make them feel more childish. Bambino's are all ready baby like. If you get the nighttime diapers, they are thicker and better.

ozaru
August 11th, 13, 09:36 PM
Adult Diapers will fit you like Bambinos, Attends, Depends, Tena, Assurance, and many of the store branded diapers. A 36 inch waste will fit a medium in most adult diapers. I am a 36 inch waist and that is what fits me. You can buy some baby stickers and put on to make them feel more childish. Bambino's are all ready baby like. If you get the nighttime diapers, they are thicker and better.

It's a matter of feel, not aesthetics; Depends feel nice, but when I started this thread, I got the feeling they were hardly built for comfort the way baby diapers are. After trying Bambinos, I've found that I was very much right in this theory.