PDA

View Full Version : What editor to use?

warrenw
November 29th, 10, 08:14 PM
I want to start doing anime artwork, but don't know which program to begin with. I don't have a lot of money, is there any free-ware out there to get going with this? I have some experience using Poser 7 and PhotoShop 5.5. I also don't want some freebie app loaded with spyware either. Suggestions appreciated. TNX

zorroabdaddy
December 2nd, 10, 02:54 PM
I have no idea if it's the best, but there's always the GIMP program. It's free.

http://www.gimp.org

Solid Air
December 2nd, 10, 04:16 PM
I would recommend GIMP as well. It has a full set of tools, is compatible with practically all file types and operating systems, and free without annoying adverts. Only issue is when I start it up on the Mac the windows are not formatted correctly, but just re size the windows and your good to go.

Birfdaykakes
December 10th, 10, 01:55 AM
I personally just steal photoshop, but if you want to stay legal, just use GIMP.

Jerryrigthe2nd
December 11th, 10, 07:47 AM
Steal. Steal. Steal.
DeviantArt also has their Muro art creator application up and it's compatible with Wacom tablets.

Mute-Hexyz
December 11th, 10, 07:58 AM
Be careful about stealing becuase the U.S government is going after bittorent right now and I think it's already taken care of limewire.:eek:

d263
January 3rd, 11, 07:30 PM
i recommend GIMP too not to mention there is several tutorials on deviant art that can get you started and The GIMP site otherwise your looking at $100 for Photoshop elements