PDA

View Full Version : Friend's Log-In Problem

Mistress
August 12th, 14, 12:30 AM
So a friend of mine on Deviant Art has an account on here, been here for a while. They are trying to log in at a library, and while they can bring up the home page, they can't log in or anything.

My question is, do you think the library my friend is at has something blocking the connection, or is something else affecting their log in ability? They already said they could log in fine at their home computer, and I've been able to log in at my library before, so IDK what's causing this.

Stoner
August 12th, 14, 08:43 PM
its possible, tho l find it strange it doesnt block the page just the login. ld just use the site as home since its likely much safer than using a shared connection (especially if its a share computer).

Mistress
August 13th, 14, 02:51 AM
Unfortunately, the only computer available for them is their uncle's, whom doesn't like anyone else using it. Or so they say >_<

I'll pass it along, nothing we can do.

LittleLiam117
August 13th, 14, 03:50 AM
My high school had something like that, where basically it would allow you to go on certain websites but not log in, essentially severely limiting your access and logging who was on the computer on whatever website instead of outright blocking it. They did that with mostly sites like Battle.net and Adventure quest, things like that, so it's VERY possible it's a semi-block of some sort.

Xero
August 13th, 14, 09:06 AM
Probably blocks an authentication protocol of sorts - perhaps something that seeks out fields like 'username' and 'password'.

Of course, no more than a mere outside observation.