PDA

View Full Version : The greatest Antihero (Vegeta is excluded).

jojob60
June 14th, 09, 03:15 AM
Rules: Vegeta can not be picked.

*Has to be an animated or in a comic/manga story. <-- new rule

TBinthehoodie
June 14th, 09, 03:18 AM
alex mircer from prototype

jojob60
June 14th, 09, 03:22 AM
My choice is Pantyhose Taro from Ranma 1/2.

Oh god were do I begin, no matter what side Pantyhose is on he is always a feirce apponent and always taken seriously and the mood is intence as ever.
I would of chosen Char agine but he is more feirce as the enemy.

diamo
June 14th, 09, 03:30 AM
stone cold steve austin

TBinthehoodie
June 14th, 09, 03:33 AM
dude bringing him up in a anti hero thread is like questioning sparta....... it's madness.............THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!

diamo
June 14th, 09, 03:39 AM
stone cold steve austin is the greatest anti hero of all time no one can be better than him look up some of his greatest moments on you tube

jojob60
June 14th, 09, 03:43 AM
Steve Austin isn't anime related. (sry adding the rule.)

diamo
June 14th, 09, 03:46 AM
ok, but overall he is the greatest antinero, but in anime it has to be light yagami from death note

Marion
June 15th, 09, 05:49 AM
Too bad games don't count cause then I would have a whole list but since it's anime/manga only I would have to say Scar in the FMA manga(I think he counts even though in the current manga he is allied and not really saying he is the best I just can't think right now lol)

Doxy
June 26th, 09, 04:05 AM
Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun.

PaddedPrinceling Joey
June 26th, 09, 10:25 PM
I'd been thinking about this one... and after finishing Rave's manga, I have to say, Shuda is superior to many anti heroes.,

Harriet
July 12th, 09, 09:23 AM
Kouichi Hayase from Linebarrel is a great example if you ask me.

nekoman
July 13th, 09, 05:43 PM
the punisher he is the best anti hero

Blastoise
July 13th, 09, 08:56 PM
Black Adam would rip the Punisher's face off, after he punches through Frank Castle's gut and finishes by ripping him in half.

Kid Chimour
July 13th, 09, 09:23 PM
I got it.
The greatest antihero anime wise is Alucard from the "Hellsing" anime in my opinion, because how can you kill that which feels no pain and whos life never ends?

PaddedPrinceling Joey
July 18th, 09, 06:37 AM
I don't think Alucard would qualify as an anti-hero.

Kid Chimour
July 18th, 09, 07:07 AM
I am trying okay?
I honestly if truth be told just found out the deffinition and besides I am kind of low on choices.
I actually just got another pick who is ALOT like Vegeta and who also I think is an antihero.
My new choice is : Hiei (You know the short demon swordsman from Yu Yu Hakusho)

PaddedPrinceling Joey
July 18th, 09, 07:08 AM
Sorry if I offended. I didn't mean it like that.

But Hiei would be a very good example of the antihero. How I usually picture the antihero is the bad guy turned good, ya know?

So Mizuki from Flame of Recca would be a good one, though that one's slightly iffy.

kenshin_wannabe
August 10th, 09, 03:37 AM
mm two that come to mind are,
sesshomaru is sort of an antihero in that while hes technically with the good guys hes stll trying to get inuyasha (or he WAS anyway since the mangas now finished)

and saito hajime from rurouni kenshin these two rank as 'semi antihero's

OR i may have just missed the mark entirely *sweatdrop*

jojob60
August 10th, 09, 03:47 AM
no thats right .

Tewi
August 11th, 09, 11:23 PM
how about all of the noah from d.gray-man. specifically tyki mikk and the earl.

Mistress
August 11th, 09, 11:29 PM
My choice would be Rogue from Megaman Starforce: Tribe Saga. Weather it's in the anime or the game, he's always fighting to protect the one thing he treasures most, his bond with his civilization...even if it means doing a few illegal things here or there and trying to beat up the main character (Megaman).

Here's proof that he's an anime character too, one of my favorite AMVs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDg2E1LiW_Q&feature=related

Marion
August 12th, 09, 06:55 AM
how about all of the noah from d.gray-man. specifically tyki mikk and the earl.
Those are all kinda just villains not anti-heroes :P
I know I already posted but I thought of more lol
Hmm let's see Saito from Rurouni kenshin
Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter(Tough call still and still not that great of a manga)
Brago and Berri from Gash Bell
Shuda from Rave(even though it's still not that great of a manga)

dragoonleon
August 21st, 09, 04:32 AM
Light Yagami (DN)

Viral (TTGL)

Nickolas D. Wolfwood (TG)

Puerilis
November 6th, 09, 05:06 PM
the greatest antihero ever is, also he is not from an anime, is Raziel from Legacy of Kain.
He only saved the world in the try to get revenge and he later sacrifces his own soul to crate the only weapon that can destroy the evil, but only because he knows that when the prophecy will come true, Kain, the guy he wants to kill, will die by saving the world.

Bandit Keith
November 6th, 09, 05:16 PM
alucard from hellsing and he is a anti hero becouse if you wath all the omvs he was evil till he lost to a ansester of the hellsing blood line

Puerilis
November 6th, 09, 06:43 PM
alucard from hellsing and he is a anti hero becouse if you wath all the omvs he was evil till he lost to a ansester of the hellsing blood line

of course he is an anithero, but not the greatest, if you allow that comment;)

Bandit Keith
November 6th, 09, 06:46 PM
what do you meen not the greatest alucard is the greatest becouse no man. beast . undead creature. holy and or blessed items can not kill him

Puerilis
November 6th, 09, 07:13 PM
what do you meen not the greatest alucard is the greatest becouse no man. beast . undead creature. holy and or blessed items can kill him

maybe we should clear the fact that there isn't a greatest antihero ever, because there is never something like a greatest, because great is relative

The fact that nobody can kill him doesn't make him the best. The antihero in it's definition is somebody who does the greater goods with dishonorable motives. So the greatest antihero would have to do the ultimate good for the most dishonorable goal. And fact is that the ultimate good and the most dishonorable goal are relative

Bandit Keith
November 6th, 09, 07:21 PM
why is Vegeta not a loud

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

maybe we should clear the fact that there isn't a greatest antihero ever, because there is never something like a greatest, because great is relative

The fact that nobody can kill him doesn't make him the best. The antihero in it's definition is somebody who does the greater goods with dishonorable motives. So the greatest antihero would have to do the ultimate good for the most dishonorable goal. And fact is that the ultimate good and the most dishonorable goal are relative
well this is the truth but alucard is killing his race not including the fake vampires and ghouls so this why to me hee is the greatest antihero and he loves killing so thats it

Stellar Dreamer
November 8th, 09, 06:42 PM
Dante from Devil May Cry. He's never on ANY ones side. he just dos what he wast.

Sanguine
March 22nd, 10, 06:10 PM
I always liked Solidus Snake, but I know I'm in the minority...

Neoprometheus
March 22nd, 10, 10:32 PM
It's a bit too easy to say Guts from Berserk or Lucy from Elfen Lied... so I'll either have to go with Ilapalazzo-sama from Excel Saga or Griffith from Berserk (yeah yeah, some would categorize both as antagonists, but they suck and I am always right... so HAH!)

Oh by the way; I don't see how Vegeta is such a great antihero that we should be excluded. I consider both of those I wouldn't mention above to be much more complex and more well executed than that walking stereotype Vegeta (his hilarious referances to numerology nonwithstanding). Of course, it might be because more people know Vegeta (especially if one compares him to Guts), but so many people here have either seen, heard of, or read Elfen Lied, so Lucy should also be pretty natural to exclude. But I digress... *cough*