PDA

View Full Version : Names in Stories

BabyLibertydragon25
May 19th, 10, 04:13 AM
It seems like to me that almost every Story that I have been reading lately has have the character in it. Different story line of course but the names are the same for some of the ones that I read. It is not just on this site but other sites to. I have notice for example the name Sakura popping up in almost every other story that I read. So I began to think about it for a second. How many Animes does is the name Sakura used in. Also for those that don't know Japanese Sakura means Cherry Blossom and the trees are lovely when they bud in the spring. So I am just pointing that out to everyone.:eek:

Bandit Keith
May 19th, 10, 04:17 AM
well I know of about 12 anime's atlest but don't ask me to tell you them not shere which animes have a girl called sakura in it .but theres bound to be alot more

Boukyaku
May 19th, 10, 02:33 PM
Sakura and Hikari are extremely common names in Japanese media.

Neoprometheus
May 21st, 10, 09:36 AM
I'm just wondering if it's worth mentioning at all. I don't consider names to be the worst thing an author could choose to repeat here and there in their stories. Just to draw a half-assed parallell to this point, I don't know how many people out there bear exactly the same name as me, but it's not exactly something one wishes to dwell on. That is, if you're not terribly obsessed with small details like those

Lone_wolf
May 21st, 10, 02:08 PM
There's a Sakura in Naruto, Card Captors, Tsubasa, and thats all I know.