PDA

View Full Version : One Piece

BabyStevie26
June 16th, 08, 03:07 AM
Since there's a Naruto thread, I'm going to add a thread for my personal all-time favorite, One Piece.

I won't deny for a second I'm a total OP/Eiichiro Oda fanboy. You have to give credit to a series that's stayed good past 500 chapters, almost 50 volumes and over 350 anime episodes. The man can make you cry because the ship died.

What do other people think of this series?

Chaoswolf
June 23rd, 08, 04:26 PM
Um i think one peice is extremely weird and I dont watch it lol.

jojob60
June 25th, 08, 01:26 AM
they need to show more of the uncut one piece on tv instead of that 4kids crap.

Chaoswolf
June 25th, 08, 04:22 AM
Still its really weird even with the blood and boobs lol.

BabyStevie26
June 26th, 08, 07:37 AM
they need to show more of the uncut one piece on tv instead of that 4kids crap.They recently released a 2-DVD set of the first 13 eps dubbed by FUNimation. Dunno about plans for running on TV though.

aeris
June 30th, 08, 07:06 AM
definately agree here. The series had I think maybe 20 crap episodes maybe (opposed to the 100+ of naruto), the dub is pretty crappy especially with Luffy's voice.

BabyStevie26
July 1st, 08, 12:25 AM
FUNi Dub or 4Kids dub? FUNi dub I can see complaints, but overall I think Colleen Clickenbeard (that is the name, right?) gets it pretty well.

TS_Chris
July 2nd, 08, 05:19 AM
Still its really weird even with the blood and boobs lol.

Blood in one piece? Yes, all over. Boobs? In bikinis is the closest it gets; no, wait there was that one scene where Nami was almost raped while in the shower. And even then you can't see much because of the steam.
Oh yeah, and there's also Kalifa's bathing. Still, nothing there.

Also...

4Kids = failz, the only good thing they did was find the voiceactor for James from pokemon.
Funimation dub = a few odd choices (like Krillin for Usopp lol), but watchable at least and like 90%> less editing than previously. Shame CN took the dub off the air in favor of NARUTO... Seriously, WTF.

NikoGardens
October 11th, 08, 08:47 PM
4Kids DOES fail.

I love one piece though. Great anime

Chaoswolf
October 11th, 08, 09:20 PM
Um....yeah bad taste I guess

anifan5890
October 11th, 08, 09:24 PM
I just started the one piece rp and fan club and if you are interested please join this fantastic club for fans of the show.

NikoGardens
October 13th, 08, 07:52 AM
I joined! Everyone should join!

jojob60
November 2nd, 08, 03:54 PM
luffy is the reincarnation of gold roger

TS_Chris
December 4th, 08, 08:39 PM
So, here's a question: How far have you all read? I'm wondering if anyone here besides me is 100% up-to-date on both the manga and the anime... >w>

Yami_joeys_Dog
December 5th, 08, 05:33 AM
I'm up to date. read the new one as it comes out every week. ^^

anifan5890
December 5th, 08, 07:19 AM
Im up to date on the the manga but the show not so much sincn they rarely show unless you find a few episodes on the internet.

TS_Chris
December 5th, 08, 08:52 AM
The internet net is the *only* place to find One Piece episodes. Search up Kaizoku-Fansubs if ya haven't, you can use them to get you up to I believe they're at Water 7 now. After that, it's pretty dang easy to search for the torrents, there's not that many episodes that need to be filled in after where K-F is currently standing. At most, I'd guess like 150 from the current (379).

I do hope by your statement you don't mean all of your anime viewing of OP has been through the dubs... *shudder*

diapercrystal
January 6th, 09, 11:33 PM
i keep finding one piece episodes in spanish, with the subtitles in japanese or something weird like that... its quite strange.

erena666
March 13th, 09, 09:13 PM
It's weird but in a good way I like it. I've watches it to the end of the Enies Lobby saga then stopped but planning to continue when I will have more time.

l3anned
March 13th, 09, 09:23 PM
Naruto literally has THE WORST dubbed conversion of all the anime's ever to be set into broadcast in the english language.... half of the words they say, literally have no relevance to what they actually said in the Japanese dialogue of it. Naruto's catch phrase "Believe it!" never appears in the Japanese script, and.... the voice actors are probably one of the worst comparisons out there...

Toddler Naruto
July 17th, 15, 04:27 PM
One Piece is amazing, I've seen Episodes 1-384 and Movie 8.

As for the manga, I've read Chapters 1-532 (Volumes 1-54).