PDA

View Full Version : picture formats

Hana
June 12th, 10, 09:37 PM
I saved a couple pictures from the sight and I would like to use one of them as my avater,but any time I try it doesn't work. Am I uploading it in the wrong format or is it to big? one of them is a fire emblem picture with the title mommy serra baby florina,it's one of the newer pictures if that helps ^^; thanks if anyone can help with this.

Sami-Chan
June 13th, 10, 12:04 AM
It's most likely too big. The maximum size pictures can be is either 500X200 pixels or 50k, as it should say in your user cp.

Stoner
June 13th, 10, 12:06 AM
likely issue is size related in both the aspect of how big the image is in "file" size or the size of the actual image.. avatar limits are likely around 100kb in size and 120*120 your current avatar is a good reference.

Sami-Chan
June 13th, 10, 01:08 AM
Lol we posted almost at the same time, but mine is the correct one.

Hana
June 13th, 10, 01:25 AM
thanks ^^ I'll se what I can do about that.

um.....am I able to change the size? ^^;

The_Enigma
June 13th, 10, 04:17 AM
thanks ^^ I'll se what I can do about that.

um.....am I able to change the size? ^^;

If you save the picture to a file on your computer and then upload it through photobucket, there is an editing tool on photobucket that will allow you to adjust the size of the photo and save a new copy of it.

After you upload it as your avatar you can delete the saved photos from both photobucket and your computer, if secrecy be necessary.

Hana
June 13th, 10, 03:02 PM
thanks but....for some reason photobucket doesn't like them either ^^; It tells me video server error when I try to upload it desu-nya ^^;

Stoner
June 13th, 10, 11:23 PM
Lol we posted almost at the same time, but mine is the correct one.

was tired, assumed avatar :p it happens

Hana
June 15th, 10, 01:09 AM
ok,is there a way to lower the file size of a picture ^^; I don't think there is,so....

*just noticed,totally off topic*stoner-san,have you seen sayounara zetsubou-sensei? :3

Stoner
June 15th, 10, 04:47 AM
yeah, tho lm sure if you ask someone nicely here someone might be able to help :) tho any image editing program should work tho l would recommend staying way from MS paint :p

as for your second question, yes l have.. lve watched all the currently finished series of Zetsubo Sensei ^_^ (tho if l remember correctly there is another on the books)

Hana
June 15th, 10, 08:15 PM
ok,thanks

I'm on zan :3

Omutsu no Jutsu
August 4th, 10, 09:53 PM
If you save the picture to a file on your computer and then upload it through photobucket, there is an editing tool on photobucket that will allow you to adjust the size of the photo and save a new copy of it.

After you upload it as your avatar you can delete the saved photos from both photobucket and your computer, if secrecy be necessary.

Really!? Thats so useful! I wish someone would have told me that in my thread! Wait do you have to have an account on photobucket yo do that cuz i dont...

theCencei
March 21st, 14, 07:03 PM
I'm unclear on this.