PDA

View Full Version : Public Moderator Applications Coming Soon!

Ai
October 8th, 12, 04:15 PM
Dear All

Over the next couple of weeks the staff on DiaperedAnime.com and all of the main sister sites ( AnimeOTK.com , FurryAi.com and YaoiAi.com ) will be having their current staffing levels reviewed. Some existing staff members may be stepping down from their positions (voluntarily) or may have otherwise been lost somewhere in the internet.

Levels of Staff:

Admin - these are the guys or girls at the top of the chain, the final word in what goes. Only long term staff members would be considered for an admin position should one open. Admins are the only staff members who can promote users to artist, writer, roleplayer or staff.
Global Moderator - these are the guys or girls one step down from the admins. They have administrative access in the gallery (can create or remove new categories) and Super Moderator access everywhere else (See Super Moderator). As with admins, only long term staff members would be considered for a Global Moderator position should one open.
Super Moderator - these guys and girls have full moderator access to the forums. They can close and move threads, delete spam and ban members either permanently or temporarily. They can also moderate images/comments within the gallery. Should a Super Moderator position be open we would be looking for long term members who have a lot of experience in both the forum and gallery. Total post counts (as this includes posting images and comments as well as posting threads and messages on the forum) should be over 500 to show participation and members applying should ave been registered at least 12 months
Gallery Moderator - these guys and girls have administrative access to the gallery (can create or remove new categories) and moderate images/comments within the gallery. Should a Gallery Moderator position be open we would be looking for long term members who have a lot of experience within the gallery. Total post counts (as this includes posting images and comments) should be over 500 to show participation and members applying should have been registered at least 12 months
Roleplay Moderator - these guys and girls have moderator access to the roleplay section. They can close threads, delete spam and manage users disrupting roleplays through warnings and bans. Should a Roleplay Moderator position be open we would be looking for members who are proficient roleplayers themselves and have at least 500 posts within the roleplay section. As a roleplay moderator you would be expected to read a good percentage of the current roleplay threads to check for rule breaking.
Fiction Moderator - Fiction Moderators have the ability to approve new stories/chapters posted to the fiction section of the site. To be accepted, a story must pass minimum spelling and grammar standards so if a position is open we would be looking for users whose first language is English, have good spelling and grammar skills, have a minimum postcount of 500 and have been registered at least 12 months.

Staff Duties:
Before applying to become a member of staff you should consider if you are able to commit to the duties required.

Staff must be patient and polite at all times on DiaperedAnime.com and the sister sites
Staff are expected to deal with small problems themselves via the use of warnings or temporary bans, only escalating things to an admin level if warnings are not heeded.
Staff are required to log on for a minimum of an hour a minimum of five times a week (a minimum total of five hours per week)
Staff are the first line of support for users and while you may not have all the answers you are expected to answer questions where you can before raising them to Admin level or suggesting members use the “Contact Us” form.
Staff are required to set an example to members and ensure they follow the rules at all times
Staff are required to be unbiased and uninfluenced when making decisions and defusing arguments. If a staff member feels they cannot be impartial in any situation they are required to refer the issue to another member of staff.

So! You’ve read all that and still want to be a member of staff? Watch this space then as public applications for staff positions will be announced over the next couple of weeks ;)

-Ai

AmaraDash19
October 10th, 12, 05:25 AM
I've always wondered what the qualifications were for being a staff member were since this site opened XD Thanks for making this available :D I'd be more than happy to help make this site a better place, with whatever position I'd be fit for :3 Though I'd be excited to be a super moderator 8D

Kitty285
October 10th, 12, 11:42 PM
if you need a super moderator for this site, i would be happy to apply for that position. :3

Nanakies
October 11th, 12, 01:43 AM
If your looking for a Super Moderator, i'd be down for that.

However, i don't have 500 post sadly but i do have the experience with moderator and how these forums work.

kakarot
October 12th, 12, 08:17 AM
I didn't think people be willingly commenting how they'd like to be such and such moderator. I try to be involved in as many roleplays as possible, so I'd like to be a roleplay moderator. I have judged some ideas and plots, but as a moderator, I would only close roleplays and give warning to those who break the rules, which I refreshed myself on. Basically no unconsensual sex, and invading on private roleplays.

From what I've noticed is that there's been a lot of artists with gallery wants or issues, so aside from simply listing a hierarchy, I haven't seen many problems or a lot of issues lately.

Ai
October 13th, 12, 09:27 PM
Many thanks for the interest you're showing, watch this space as announcements will be made over the next few weeks regarding what staff positions will be available

nanamew
October 17th, 12, 04:19 AM
I think there should be an introduction of Community moderators too with the purpose of working with and helping us new folk. =o Misc duties might include... helping newer people into the community I guess ^^;. From the perspective of people who have newly joined we find it alittle more difficult to adjust into the community given the social restrictions of being under probation and also not having community moderators to assist with minor forum difficulties... such as misc probation limitations effecting posts and such.

Wolfie
October 18th, 12, 11:47 PM
i agree it would be good but how many moniters are there they could take turns too =)

thelonegrunt
November 28th, 12, 12:46 AM
Is this site even worth saving?

Why are you here? If you were to present such a cynical comment, then why even waste your time in a site that isn't even "worth saving"?
Are you trying to make some sort of a point?

Shanatan2131
December 4th, 12, 10:54 PM
I think Fiction Mod is right for me.

thelonegrunt
December 21st, 12, 08:53 PM
Being a fiction mod sounds kind of cool... I am certainly interested.

SexyDog89
December 4th, 14, 10:22 PM
I think Fiction Mod is right for me.