PDA

View Full Version : Service Announcements Blog

Stoner
February 21st, 10, 12:24 PM
I have taken it upon myself to create a blog where users can visit should the unlikely event happen again where AnimeOTK or any of its associated sites go down for some reason or another.

This blog can be found at the following location: http://otk-server.blogspot.com

please add this to your book marks and hopefully we shouldnt need it but it should remove any confusion when problems occur and stop some of the griping of users who have lobbied for this.

on another somewhat related note, users should take note that the IRC server is hosted remotely and can be accessed by the following IP 64.32.1.40 with an IRC client, which is in essence another way to stay connected should problems occur meaning there is always an avenue of contact with the Administration of the site and its staff members.

Kamelot
February 21st, 10, 03:57 PM
Will this also address the reasons behind this site's constant "server is too busy" message?

It happens more and more frequently, and for longer and longer.

Bandit Keith
February 21st, 10, 04:38 PM
ok please don't think this as bitching its not I just want a answer. whats with the site is busy it keeps happening more and more?

Stoner
February 21st, 10, 05:20 PM
its likely to happen when backups and stats runs occur, however there are some settings that need some attention that we havent got around to sorting yet

Bandit Keith
February 21st, 10, 05:21 PM
ok thanks very much stoner for the help .

Stoner
February 21st, 10, 05:22 PM
forgot to mention, the blog link is pretty much for when the site is inaccessable and users want information as to when things will be up again.