PDA

View Full Version : Shout Box

The_Silence
April 19th, 10, 03:01 PM
Is there a way for me to disable the shout box on my account? I was just wondering because I've noticed a LOT of people misusing it, and I'm getting tired of having to see the same people posting nonsense.

If not, is there a way to block access to the shout box on certain peoples' accounts? I figured that would stop the issue. I've noticed a huge influx in people misusing it, and I feel bad because I know one of the Mods has to keep yelling at them to stop.

Just wondering what my options are or what could be done to stop the silliness. Thanks! :)

Samiel
April 19th, 10, 04:56 PM
There is in fact a way to ban people from the shoutbox. I personally have no idea how, but you might want to send a list of names to Ai or Stoner or Timmy, and they'll take care of the problem.

The_Silence
April 19th, 10, 05:35 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info, Samiel. I will definitely do that.

Stoner
April 19th, 10, 06:05 PM
its easy enough to do, if the mods send me usernames of the offending users lm more than happy to sanction shoutbox bans.

Bandit Keith
April 19th, 10, 06:35 PM
ok first I don't mess with it alot abit yes. I did abit ago but its only when I'm really bored or trying to stuff fights in it.

Teesle
April 19th, 10, 09:02 PM
Stop defending yourself all the time for everything. You're doing that even if no one has spoken of you, do you think you're so important atom? You better don't respond to that to defend yourself yet again not one will listen or care

*sigh* I just wanted to say I appreciate the work of banning, before I started ranting,... again

Bandit Keith
April 19th, 10, 09:06 PM
hey you teesle first I was just doing that for the fucking record was all.but I do say some people do need banned from the shout box.

The_Silence
April 19th, 10, 09:20 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly, Stoner! :) And atom, Teesle was kind of right. I didn't make this thread to point fingers, as it's blatantly obvious who the offenders are. Just look at the shout box!

Samiel
April 19th, 10, 09:44 PM
Yup. On that note I will close the thread.