PDA

View Full Version : Slightly conflicted...

shylittlederp
November 27th, 12, 01:10 PM
So I'm debating whether or not to start making art and uploading it here. I'm running into three problems so far.

1. I don't want someone to recognize my style and reveal/know who I am. I'm still really shy about this and fear that people will find me weird and abandon me.

2. I'm not a good artist.

3. I'd be drawing with my 3DS which is actually quite difficult.

What do you guys think? Also, if I were to write stories, what part of the forum would I post those to?

Nanakies
November 27th, 12, 01:21 PM
#1. Don't worry, i'm sure people here will like it and if not don't worry about it.
#2. The only way you'll become a good "artist" is if you put time and effort into it and have fun while doing it.
#3. Seems rather silly to draw on a 3DS, i mean you can get programs like gimp, i think you can get Paint Tool Sai too but i wouldn't know.

shylittlederp
November 27th, 12, 01:34 PM
I suppose I can try and see how it goes... xD

I normally use Paint Tool Sai, but I come on here using my 3DS. I highly doubt anyone would look at my browsing history, but I'm still cautious. I know I can delete it, but nothing is ever truly deleted from a computer... I'm putting way too much thought into this, aren't I xD

xxxxxxxxxxxx
November 27th, 12, 01:39 PM
I suppose I can try and see how it goes... xD

I normally use Paint Tool Sai, but I come on here using my 3DS. I highly doubt anyone would look at my browsing history, but I'm still cautious. I know I can delete it, but nothing is ever truly deleted from a computer... I'm putting way too much thought into this, aren't I xDHahaha. Yes.

If it interests you, when things are deleted from a computer, all that is done is the reference to the information are removed and the content is marked as "free space" so other things can overwrite it. No one looks there unless they know how to, which isn't terribly easy.

shylittlederp
November 27th, 12, 01:49 PM
That makes me feel a bit better... xD I guess one of the things I worry about is what if my comp has to be repaired one day and the tech sees my stuff because they have to scan the system to fix it?

Wow, Derpy, you need to stop over analyzing everything xD; I have an anti-virus program and my comp has been fine for quite awhile... I need to stop panicking over everything.

kakarot
November 27th, 12, 03:36 PM
That makes me feel a bit better... xD I guess one of the things I worry about is what if my comp has to be repaired one day and the tech sees my stuff because they have to scan the system to fix it?

If you had links and files to things you didn't want to be scene, all that a file scan would do is read the file name, but the content wouldn't show. I worried about that as well when I found out I needed a new hard drive, but business simply find errors and delete them, they don't go after people's personal information for black mail. They would fix your computer and give it back.

Also, if your computer's file system, hardware, and software are wiped completely clean, the computer becomes like a robot with no identity. It has power and can work, but it has to be added on to for it to become a working computer. Computer files CAN be deleted, but unless you know how to wipe the slate clean, then it would still remain somewhere on the computer.

hymek7076
November 27th, 12, 04:41 PM
go for it we'll all look forward to seeing your work in the future :)

*mind you i've started work on a comic strip tho i may not post it (not that i won't it may take sometime :) )*

KNUX418
November 27th, 12, 09:49 PM
Do it, you never know. Soon we will be begging for requests. Have faith.^^

xxxxxxxxxxxx
November 28th, 12, 03:33 AM

Wow, Derpy, you need to stop over analyzing everything xD; I have an anti-virus program and my comp has been fine for quite awhile... I need to stop panicking over everything.

If you are paranoid, making an encrypted virtual machine would get rid of the need to worry about any files being discovered.... Just:
1) Install something like VMWare Player (http://www.vmware.com/products/player/)
2) Get a Linux Mint (http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php) disc image. (ISO)
3) Create a new virtual machine in VMWare, selecting the Linux Mint ISO you downloaded as the installer disk. (Other then that, the default settings should be fine, select "Ubuntu" as the OS)
4) Then run the VM to install Linux Mint on it. (Make sure you click the encrypt home folder checkbox during the installation)

Now you can boot that VM whenever you want, and nothing inside of your home folder in it will ever be visible outside of it. That means you can set up chat programs, E-Mail, bookmark sites like this, draw stuff, write stuff, save pictures... The whole works without fear of ever being discovered unless someone magically gets your password.

shylittlederp
November 28th, 12, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys! :D Well, I guess I'll try to draw something up here! C: