PDA

View Full Version : Warner Brothers "in talks" to produce Bleach Movie

Bandit Keith
April 9th, 10, 06:21 AM
The Hollywood Reporter newspaper's Heat Vision blog reports that the American film studio Warner Brothers "is in the process of securing the movie rights to" Bleach. Director Peter Segal (Get Smart, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is setting himself up to produce, but not direct. The manga's North American publisher Viz Media and Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing would also produce the proposed project.

Warner Brothers has already acquired the rights to adapt Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note supernatural suspense manga, which — like Bleach — is published by Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan and by Viz Media in North America. Along with Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way production company, Warner Brothers is also developing adaptations of Yoshiaki Kawajiri and MADHOUSE's Ninja Scroll action anime film and Katsuhiro Otomo and Kodansha's Akira science-fiction manga. Viz set up an office in Hollywood in 2008 to promote Viz's properties to Hollywood interests.

So - You guys think that one of the bigger Movie companys / music companys is starting to dip its fingers into the anime game?

(this is a song that fits my feelings about this if its as bad as dbz live action movie was .just to say the monsters in it would be the people who fucked it up that are told in the song.heres the link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TFThsIImA&feature=related)(also if in wrong place please move)

Echo chan
April 9th, 10, 06:50 AM
I'm kinda nuteral in this I wonder if Warner brothers will actually do a good job or ruin the bleach name

Neoprometheus
April 9th, 10, 06:08 PM
I can sum up my feelings about this with one word/ verbal expression:

Ugh...

The_Enigma
April 14th, 10, 10:07 PM
I don't know. If they leave it mostly to people who actually care about it instead of just focusing on marketing, I think it could turn out good.

But it is Warner Brothers, so chances are unlikely that'll actually happen.

Lone_wolf
April 15th, 10, 01:33 AM
I heared there will be a live action Cowboy Bebop movie. Kianue Reaves is said to play Spike Spegel.

GamerGirl
April 16th, 10, 02:25 AM
I think live action anime movies should ONLY be made in Japan especially when there's a lot of Japanese terms and names and locations. Ichigo Kurosaki would be played by a White guy Yes a white man with a Japanese name, that's the very reason right there.

The_Enigma
April 17th, 10, 04:30 AM
I heared there will be a live action Cowboy Bebop movie. Kianue Reaves is said to play Spike Spegel.

That could actually work. I'm not sure Keaneu has the emotional capacity to be playing someone as fun and carefree as Spike Spiegl, but most of the names and locations in that show are non-japanese centered. (The names Spike, Faye, and Ed being examples)

I wouldn't mind seeing a good film make of that. I enjoyed the live-action deathnote films, they were very fun to watch!

jojob60
April 17th, 10, 05:56 AM
Huh, so this soap opera (Bleach) is getting an american movie licence. I highly dout that they will do a good job withthis cause af the source material if the director from ninja asassignen and quenton terrenteno join together then it might be decent.

But honestly Jojo's Bizzare Adventure or Fist of the North Star (yes, yes, I know Madmax2 its an austrailian cult classic [RoadWarrior in the US]) should of been an american movie by now.

Tewi
May 2nd, 10, 10:02 AM
I can sum up my feelings about this with one word/ verbal expression:

Ugh...

I lol'd. But you're absolutely right.

Rye
May 12th, 10, 04:43 PM
bleach made 3 manga films already
i wonder if kubo is going
along with this