PDA

View Full Version : What's a good first diaper to use?

SOMEONE111
April 25th, 09, 11:33 PM
As the thread title states, which is good one to buy? I would like a diaper that is thick and hold maybe two wettings. I would also like one that I can just pick up at a store, although I can deal with having to wait for some to be shipped. I live near many places to buy diapers: Walgreens (5 min drive), Food Lion (10 min), CVS (11 min), Wal-Mart (15 min), just to name a few although that is most of them. I still with my parents so I wouldn't be getting these until I move out and I have no idea when I would.

anonymoose
April 26th, 09, 09:10 PM
I got some pampers cruisers at walgreens and may I say, they are fantastic

little_pink
April 26th, 09, 10:22 PM
A good part of that must be down to how big you are.

SOMEONE111
April 27th, 09, 02:52 AM
I'm about 170 or so, yeah, those aren't going to work.

Treykun
April 27th, 09, 03:22 AM
well I would go with underjams or goodnight if you go with goodnihgts or under jams they are dicret and comfy.

dpgrl12
April 27th, 09, 04:29 AM
How about we talk about some real adult diapers... lol

For your weight. I'd honestly say Assurance diapers medium (depending on your waist size) would work great for a first diaper. Can hold two wettings and leaves room for improvement for better diapers.

SOMEONE111
April 27th, 09, 02:19 PM
Where would I get those? Which store?

SOMEONE111
April 30th, 09, 12:45 AM
I just found out that while my parents go on vacation, which I would have gone with, I get to stay home for about a week. I was like yes I have a chance to wear some diapers. Now I've been reading some reviews of the assurance and other brands and now I'm spilt between the Depends Maxium Protection and those Assurance ones (which tyoe though I don't know?)?. Which of those two should I get? I would have to use about 3 or 4 a day to get rid of the evidence in time so I might double up. Any help would be apprciated. They go on vaction like first week in July so I have some time.

dpgrl12
April 30th, 09, 02:15 AM
I just get the normal assurance. Not the pull up kind. They can be found in wally world :) Wal-mart that is.

SOMEONE111
April 30th, 09, 02:44 AM
EDIT: I'll probably still wait to move out now that I think about it. The risks out weigh the benefits. Even if I take all the precautions I will still have something around that I worry would get found. *SIGH*

TS_Chris
April 30th, 09, 06:51 AM
Be sure what you're getting is "Fitted Breifs"; although the package may claim "maximum protection", it could still be that horrible pull-up type brand. Unless you don't feel like you could trust yourself, the least you could do is look at your local area while your parents are away - there might not even be any actual Depends diapers. I know there aren't any Depends diapers anymore at my local CVS *and* Walgreens, so yeah.

Isn't assurance the Wal-Mart brand? Can't say anything about that, but after finding Walgreens' "own brand" to be as effective as wrapping a piece of plastic around my crotch I'm loathe to try any of the other brands out there (such as CVS.) The only purpose of those store brands is to server as a holder for the actual diapers such as pampers or goodnites that would not otherwise fit you. Money could be saved by just using tapes instead.

SOMEONE111
May 31st, 09, 12:20 AM
Hey again. Its been a month in since then I have dropped some weight and now wear jeans with a waist size of 30 so would that be a meduim or do the sizes listed on the packages corraspond to the waist size in inches like a pair of pants?