View Single Post

Old September 15th, 20, 12:24 AM   #6
terminator101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderfur View Post
That "Micrashell" suit looks too "colorful" for my taste. I'd prefer a solid colored suit. Perhaps one in all Medium Gray as shown but without all of the other colors or even a Medium Blue with luminescent white stripe trim on the edges of the contours like Disney did for the anthropomorphic Programs in TRON. I don't even want to know what they going to charge for that suit in its final form as I probably couldn't afford it anyway! ...
I also think that it would be cool if the aesthetics of the "Micrashell" suit followed a TRON theme (The CGI, especially the Light Cycle and the Tank, back then was stunning)! The initial retail price for that suit would probably be in the "If you have to ask then you can't afford it" range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderfur View Post
... I think that only the die-hardest of Capcom retro gaming fans would plunk down nearly $290 USD for Capcom's new custom console (Granted, the case would look great in any "Man cave" hanging on a wall rack like a sign or when placed near a pinball machine). For $200 USD, you can buy the X-Arcade arcade controller that has the same number of arcade joysticks and buttons. ...
Yes, the Capcom console is most likely tailored to a specific market segment. I know about the X-Arcade controller and the MAME EMU. I also know that there are custom arcade cabinets that have a slot in the front to fit the X-Arcade controller and which cost $1,000 USD less than the cabinet that was "officially" made by X-Gaming specifically for the X-Arcade controller (e.g. - See here and compare features to the "official" cabinet here). For those peeps that can't afford an X-Arcade controller, there are less expensive arcade controllers like Eightarc's "Carbon" controller which retails for $59.99 USD (See here). You can get two "Carbon" controllers and optionally place them side by side for two player action. Eightarc also sells higher end controllers. The "Carbon" controller is their least expensive controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Keith View Post
The ''Micrashell" looks alot like the suit from the modern 'Prey' game to me ... So I can't help but think a cosplayer or someone who loves that game designed it ...

That's an interesting observation! IMHO, I thought that the "Micrashell" suit was "Taking a cue" from a new, skin-tight SpaceSuit that a MIT Aeronautics researcher was developing for NASA (See here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Keith View Post
... Plus I could see someone with money to burn buy it to cut down on work making a prey cosplay
Maybe Production Club, the creators of the "Mirashell" suit, could use you in their Marketing department. That's a creative way to sell the suit in addition to targeting it to peeps who want and can afford a higher end PPE.

A Pokemon momento card sold for $480,000 AUD (or ~$343,886 USD). Check it out here!

An artists 'shops comedy star Bill Murry's face into famous paintings and becomes a riot on the 'Net! See -> here.